Your home’s water well is a relatively low-maintenance system designed to last for several years or more – but not forever. So how can you tell when it’s time to replace that system’s main component – the pump?
Whether you have had a well for many years or you are a first-time well owner, these are the need-to-know signs that it is time to change your well pump.
Symptoms of Pump Failure
Thankfully, a failing well pump often will let you know before it’s too late. Here’s what to look out for:
- Decreased water pressure
- Spurts from faucets when opened
- Pump running longer/harder than normal (utility bills might increase)
- No water or intermittent loss of water
If you experience any of these problems or other unusual issues with your water well, don’t hesitate to get in touch with C&J. Ignoring potential problems can lead to even bigger and costlier system breakdowns.
Why Well Pumps Fail
Although they are designed to be durable and long-lasting, water well pumps do fail for a number of reasons. Age is a primary factor. Other common reasons include:
- Lack of maintenance. Well maintenance is an investment every owner should make. Ignoring regularly scheduled maintenance, annual inspections, cleaning, minor repairs and other important duties only leads to well malfunctions and premature breakdowns.
- Power outage. Is your well connected to a backup electrical supply in case of emergency? If not, your pump will most likely stop working should you lose power at home.
- Expansion tank problems. Pumps are designed to fill your well’s expansion tank with water, and they turn on when a specific pressure level is reached. If the tank loses pressure, the pump runs harder to keep water levels up. This puts additional strain on the pump, which can then fail.
Save Big by Replacing Your Pump
To encourage folks across central Indiana to replace their aging and ailing water well pumps now, C&J Well Company is offering 2 exclusive deals. For a limited time, you’ll save $450 on our comprehensive well cleanout service with the purchase of a new pump. We are also offering 10% off a Grundfos constant pressure system + well cleaning until September 21, 2015!
Learn more about the importance of proper cleanouts and why you need one. Contact our C&J team for a free consultation and to schedule a visit today!